At this time last year, who thought they’d be spending so much time at home in 2020? Probably not too many people, but that’s the reality for many of us thanks to COVID-19. With your family working and schooling from home, household water usage is likely much higher than normal. This can magnify any water quality problems you have and make them top of mind.
For example, perhaps you’re drinking more tap water and realizing that it just doesn’t taste that great – is a home drinking water system in order? Or, if you have hard water, maybe you’ve noticed how much it takes its toll on you and your entire household. Let’s take a look at how soft water benefits your family’s health now and in the future.
Soft Water Benefits For Stay-at-Home Health
Maybe you’ve heard of soft water benefits before, but you never noticed how much hard water was a problem until you spent more time at home. We’re here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be a big problem. A home water softener can help rid your home of all the negative effects of hard water and even help improve your family’s health. Here’s how:
- Soft water is easier on your skin. Perhaps you’ve noticed the effects of hard water on your skin and hair … dry and itchy skin, dull hair and an itchy scalp, worsening skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema, and more. Soft water can help alleviate these problems. And, it’s more important than ever with today’s focus on hand washing and overall cleanliness to protect your health.
- It’s easier to clean with soft water. Are you cleaning more than ever these days in an effort to kill germs and keep your family healthy? Soft water makes soap and detergents more effective, leaving you spending less money on cleaning agents AND being able to clean better. That’s a win-win!
- Soft water tastes better! Drinking more water and staying hydrated has always been good for your health. But, it’s even more important now to help boost your immune system to fight off disease. Without all the heavy minerals found in hard water, soft water tastes great. This makes it much easier to drink the perfect amount of water each day to promote good health.
- Make better tasting meals with soft water. Hard water minerals not only affect water’s taste when you’re drinking it by itself, they also affect the taste of meals made with water. Since you’re probably not eating out as often, home cooked meals might be on the menu more frequently. Soft water can help them taste better and be healthier for all.
- Water softening removes contaminants. Part of protecting your family’s health is making sure that what you eat and drink is healthy. A home water softener removes minerals like calcium and magnesium but also other metals like rust from your pipes. That means you’ll be drinking and using healthier water when you choose soft water.
Ask the Experts for the Best Water Softening Solution
If you’re looking to enjoy soft water benefits all year round, you’ve come to the right place. Our water treatment experts know how to help you choose the best water softener for your budget and household water demands. Simply contact us today to get started and you’ll be enjoying soft water benefits before you know it!