You’ve invested in softened water … congratulations on making a wise decision! Without the best salt, however, you may not be getting the most out of your water softening system.
Salt matters, as we say in the business. You may have already noticed a difference by getting rid of your hard water – cleaner glassware, better colors in clothing, and softer skin and hair, to name a few. But, if you aren’t using the right salt for your softener, you may not be getting optimal results.
Why does the salt matter?
You’ll see better results and your water softener will also work more efficiently with a better salt.
- Ensure maximum effectiveness on the hardness of your water.
- You will pay a justified price – when you know it is a quality salt, you can feel better paying for it. The national average for the amount of water softener salt used monthly is about 60 lbs. But, your individual usage may vary according to the quality and quantity of your water.
- Choose a salt that is easy to use and works with your system.
- Most experts in the industry say that salt directly increases the life of an appliance by softening the water perfectly.
- Some salts actually help to remove rust in the process. And, some protect your appliances from building up with rust.
- Some salts have been known to actually improve the taste of your water.
- You can help prevent scaling and mineral build-up that might happen in pipes and heaters just by using the best salt in your water softener.
What is the best water softener salt to use?
If you’re looking into purchasing a water softening system where you will be buying and utilizing your own salt, the reviews are in. You can choose from rock salt, solar salt or evaporated salt. Some of the top reviewed and recommended brands include (but are not limited to):
- Morton Salt 1501
- Morton Salt F124700000g
- Cargill Salt 7304
Do you need help choosing? Our water treatment experts can first help you choose the right products for your home and water needs. Then, we’ll help you protect your investment with the best salt for your system, water, and budget!