There’s no question that drinking water is good for your health in many ways, but if you don’t like it, how can you make bad tasting water taste better? Today, we’re going to answer this very question so you can not only feel good about but also enjoy chugging every glass of water from your tap.
What Causes Bad Tasting Water?
Before we dive into how to make your drinking water taste better, it might be helpful to look at why you don’t like the taste of your water in the first place. Let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons people give for not choosing to drink water:
1. Don’t like the taste of plain water – Even though they know that drinking water benefits the body in many ways, many people simply don’t like water because it lacks flavor. The good news is, you can fix this! We’ll show you exactly how in just a bit.
2. Tap water tastes bitter – This is a common complaint in households with hard water. That’s because the high concentration of dissolved minerals affects water taste. There’s good news for this problem as well … you can make water taste better simply by installing a home water softener!
3. Water tastes chlorinated – Your water might taste like chlorine because it probably IS chlorinated, especially if you get your water from a municipal water source. Chlorine is often used to disinfect water and eliminate disease but that doesn’t mean it tastes good! A chlorine removal water filtration system can help improve water taste in this case.
What’s the best way to make bad tasting water taste better AND ensure that it’s completely safe to drink? Install a reverse osmosis drinking water system. Regardless of whether your water comes from a private well or municipal source, this is the easiest and most foolproof way to get top quality drinking water. It’s also a safeguard against contaminants that could be lurking in your water that don’t affect water taste but do affect water quality and safety.
5 More Ways to Make Water Taste Better
Now, if you already have a drinking water system and a water softener but you still don’t like the taste of plain water, we have some tips for you. The answer is NOT to reach for sugary drinks like soda or caffeinated drinks like coffee. While these beverages are okay to drink on occasion, water is the best beverage option for staying hydrated.
If you want to make water taste better so you can drink more of it, try these healthy additives:
- Citrus slices – Lemon, lime, orange
- Fruity ice cubes – They’ll taste great and look fun, too!
- Berries or melon in an infuser – You’ll enjoy a sweet, refreshing taste.
- Herbs – Mint, basil, cilantro, etc.
- Sliced cucumbers
Make Tap Water Taste Better With a Rayne Drinking Water System
Regardless of what you choose to add to your water to make it taste better, we want to make sure you have the safest drinking water possible. Our reverse osmosis drinking water systems can help you get the quality water you deserve at a reasonable cost. With systems able to filter up to 50 gallons of water per day, great tasting water will always be on tap!
Simply give us a call today and one of our water treatment experts will be happy to answer your questions and review all of our water treatment options with you. Here’s to drinking more water that tastes GREAT!