Today’s cost-conscious consumer is often looking for ways to make their home more efficient. Sometimes, they’re simply looking for ways to save time or energy. In other cases, the end goal is saving a little (or a lot) of their hard earned money. That brings us to today’s question … Can a home water softener save you money? The simple answer is YES!
Where does a water softener save you money?
Just like any other appliance, a water softener costs money initially for both its purchase and installation. Choosing the best water softener for your household’s needs is the first step. Once it’s installed, you’ll realize some pretty significant money savings every single month. Here’s where and why:
- Skin and hair – Hard water affects skin in many ways. It can make it red, itchy or dry and even worsen skin conditions such as eczema. Hard water can have a similar effect on hair, leaving it dry and brittle. In contrast, soft water leaves your skin and hair softer and smoother, meaning you can save money by not using so much soap, shampoo, or other beauty products.
- Clothing – Ever have trouble getting your clothes to look and feel completely clean? That’s because washing them in hard water leaves mineral buildup, requiring more detergent to get that clean feel. With soft water, your clothes and linens last longer and come out cleaner. Plus, less detergent is used, leaving more money in your pocket.
- Cleaning – Hard water is notorious for leaving mineral buildup everywhere, including faucets, fixtures, tubs, showers, and more. How does a water softener save you money here? Soft water doesn’t leave soap scum, limescale, or mineral buildup behind. That means you can clean with less effort (time savings!) and less cleaning product (money savings!).
- Appliances – If you think mineral buildup from hard water only affects skin, hair, clothing, and fixtures, think again. It also impacts the usable life and functioning of water-using appliances and plumbing. Choose soft water and you won’t have to spend your hard earned money on frequent appliance replacements or plumbing problems.
- Water heater – This is one water-using appliance that gets significant daily use. With mineral buildup from hard water, it has to work harder and consequently, uses more energy. Instead, fill it with soft water on a daily basis and you’ll enjoy a lower energy bill from all that energy savings.
Additional savings with a drinking water system
Installing a water softener in your home isn’t the only way you can save money when it comes to water. Using a reverse osmosis system, or other drinking water system, can save you hundreds of dollars a year. That’s because you’ll enjoy safe, great tasting water right from your tap instead of having to buy expensive bottled water.
Ready to have a water softener save you money?
Whether you’re looking to shave a few hundred dollars off your yearly budget, or you’re simply concerned about your household’s water quality, we have water treatment solutions that will work for you! Simply contact us today and our water treatment experts will be happy to help.
Here’s to choosing a water softener that makes sense … and cents … for you and your family!