The temperatures in California are heating up and now is the time to start hydrating and upping your daily intake of quality drinking water. This doesn’t mean you should go stock up on those plastic water bottles, though. Instead, enjoy pure drinking water with your reverse osmosis system and stay hydrated and healthy on the hottest of days!
Why should we drink water?
It may seem like a silly question – but drinking plenty of water is vital to a healthy body. We won’t mention every single reason WHY you should drink water. (Maybe we’ll save that for another blog.) But, you should know that during the summer months and the hot weather we see here in California, drinking water will help replenish the fluids you lose to sweating. It can also help you avoid serious conditions like heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and so much more!
How can you remember to stay hydrated?
Drinking filtered water all day long takes some practice – it needs to become part of your daily habits. But, here are a few tips to help you stay hydrated in hot weather:
- Start drinking water as soon as you wake up and you’re more likely to stay hydrated later.
- Choose water over sugary soft drinks and juices.
- Drink after any type of workout session – make this a habit. (You should also have some water before and during.)
- Snack on fresh fruits that are rich in water, like berries, watermelon, peaches, and nectarines. It is also important to enjoy foods like cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, radishes, peppers, cauliflower, spinach, strawberries, broccoli, and grapefruit. They all contain 90 percent water or more.
- Keep water handy all day long. Invest in a nice water bottle that you can fill up with your own filtered drinking water. Don’t have a filter? We have products you’ll learn about further on.
- Check your urine throughout the day – the color can tell you a lot. Pale urine, like the color of straw, is a good sign. Darker shades could indicate you’re becoming dehydrated.
- Cool down, wear loose fitting clothing and pay attention to replenishing your sweat with water.
- Bored with regular water? Infuse it with fruits and combinations of healthy ingredients.
Stay hydrated all year long with a home drinking water system
As you increase your water intake, it is important to drink quality tap water. If you’re concerned about increasing the risk of drinking water contamination, we have solutions to protect you. Our effective and efficient reverse osmosis systems remove harmful contaminants, giving you the pure, safe drinking water you’re encouraged to drink to stay hydrated in the hot weather. Are you ready to learn more? Give us a call!